PhD Schools ("Écoles doctorales")
PhD research is divided into 7 PhD schools (“Écoles doctorales”) which demonstrate the wide range of fields covered by the university:
- Ancient and Medieval Worlds
- Modern and Contemporary History
- French and Comparative Literature
- Civilizations, Culture, Literature and Society
- Concepts and Languages
- Art History and Archeology
- The Paris Phd School for Geography ("École Doctorale de Géographie de Paris"): Space, Society, Regional Development
The PhD schools (“Écoles doctorales”) play an important part in the structure of interdisciplinary research which contributes to a renewed view of Humanities Studies.
The university constantly aims at improving the technical means for research : Paris-Sorbonne has considerably increased its provision of electronic documentary resources, boasting more than 110 databases and nearly 3000 review titles.